The “tax number”, or what is known in Turkish as “Vergi Numrasi“, is one of the important and required matters in many real estate, legal and other transactions, in government institutions and departments in Turkey.
To continuously deliver information and benefit to its clients inside and outside Turkey, OmranTRK Company, headquartered in the city of Yalova, is trying to answer, through materials and reports published on its official website, or on its accounts on social media platforms; about all questions related to the real estate and tourism sector and the necessary documents to complete any transaction in these two sectors and other related sectors.
In this article, OmranTRK will provide a detailed explanation of the “tax number”, the process for extracting it, in addition to a set of tips on using this number.
- It is a nine-digit number assigned to individuals to carry out all financial business in Turkey.
- It is obtained through the nearest Tax Department in any city in Turkey.
- It is important in many different official and legal transactions.
- Can be obtained by foreign people who do not have Turkish citizenship.
- Required in order to open a bank account in any Turkish bank.
- Required for opening gas, electricity, and water utilities and meters.
- Required to pay the residence fee.
- Required in real estate ownership and investment of all kinds.
- Important in paying taxes of all kinds.
- It is included in a car purchase transaction or any activity that has a financial legal capacity in Turkey
In this regard, the lawyer, “Majd Tabaa”, a real estate consultant who resides in Istanbul, told OmranTRK: “Extracting the tax number is very easy from any tax department in Turkey, and requires the person’s presence in order to fill out the required forms and papers. Which includes information such as the passport number, the residence address, and signature, and after it is handed over to the concerned employee, the tax number is obtained,” stressing that “the procedures of extracting the tax number are very fast and only takes a few minutes.”
He added, “In the event of losing the tax number, the Tax Department is asked to retrieve the number again, and all this is done easily and quickly.”
OmranTRK assures its clients that “extracting the tax number in Turkey does not require a residence permit, as it is sufficient to have a passport or a copy of a rental contract notarized by the notary.”
“OmranTRK” draws attention to the fact that those whose passports have expired, and those who do not have a document that proves their residential address in detail, are not entitled to obtain a “tax number”.
Tax number online
The “tax number” can be obtained “online” by the following steps:
- First access to the link: https://bit.ly/3kaHuot
- Going to the next box named as “Yabancılar İçin Potansiyel Vergi Kimlik Numarası”, which means “Turkey Tax Number”.
- Fill in the required information as follows:
- Name: Adınız
- Nickname: Soyadınız
- Cinsiyet: sex
- Mother’s name: Anne Adınız
- Father’s name: Baba Adınız
- Date of birth: Doğum Tarihinizi
- Place of birth: Doğum Yerinizi
- The code for your country: Ülke Kodunu (indicate only the country name)
- Phone number: Telefon Numaranızı
- Address in Turkey: Adresiniz
- Passport number: Pasaport numaranızı
- Date of passport issuance: Pasaport Düzenleme Tarihi
- Passport Expiry Date: Pasaport Geçerlilik Tarihini
- Enter the confirmation code and be in the last rectangle.
- Then press on the word “Tamam”
- After that, your tax number will be sent by SMS to your phone number that you put in the data of the previous window.
- Write down the number and keep it and show it when you need it.
Important advice from OmranTRK
When extracting the tax number, we should know that it is very important, as many transactions depend on it, and therefore it should be kept in a safe place, and not shared with anyone.
Extracting a replacement for a lost “tax number”
OmranTRK indicates that in case the “tax number” is lost, the same link can be entered: https://bit.ly/3kaHuot, and then at the bottom of the box: Yabancılar İçin Potansiyel Vergi Kimlik Numarası There are two small words, and you must press on the word Confirmation, then a window will appear in which you will be asked to fill in the following data: passport number, country name, date of birth.
After filling these three fields, you must click on the blue rectangle “Sorgula”, which means “inquiry”, then the required “tax number” data will appear.
Noting that there is no validity or expiry period for the tax number, so the number can be used with an open period, it also does not require any financial fees for extracting it, and this is one of the services that “OmranTRK” can provide, in order to facilitate all its clients wishing to invest in the real estate sector, especially in the city of “Yalova”.
It should also be noted, that having a tax number does not mean an obligation to pay taxes in Turkey or impose periodic taxes, but having a tax number is necessary to accomplish a lot of banking and other business, and it can be used throughout Turkey and in offices and institutions, regardless of the city from which this number was extracted.
It is important to clarify, that the “tax number” is different from the national number “TC Numarasi”, as the national number requires an official residence in Turkey, unlike the “tax number”.
It is noteworthy that the “OmranTRK” company provides its clients with all facilities related to whether to extract the “tax number”, or the transaction of confirming the purchase and sale process until the receipt of the “ownership deed”, in addition to assistance in obtaining Turkish citizenship based on owning property worth 250 thousand US dollars.
Also, it is worth saying that “OmranTRK” company entered the real estate investment market from its widest doors, to be able in a very short period of time, to draw attention to its projects, which are a golden opportunity for investors in this field, providing the best offers and facilities to its clients at all time, to be the leader company whose success originated from the state of “Yalova” in northwestern Turkey, and to an example worth following in the real estate world.