At this time, in June of every year, the attention of tourists turns to Hersek Lake, describing it as a “bird hotel”, because it hosts many types of migratory rare birds every year. The area of the lake is about 152 hectares, and it is an important destination for many birds in the fall and winter seasons, given the necessities of life that the lake provides for them.
The lake is called the “Birds Hotel” because it provides a refuge for many birds where they eat, drink and rest from flying for long hours, and then continue their journey.
In early June 2022, rare species of birds were discovered in the lake, bringing the number of birds incubated by the Lake to 246, and the “black-billed tern” had bred more than 20 pairs this year.
It was noted that birds like the tern, the small tern, and the white tern, in addition to the cuckoo bird, are present in larger numbers in the region this year compared to previous years. Every year, migratory birds spend their holidays near the lake, most notably flamingos in addition to many types of other birds.
In 2018, the municipality of “Altinova” in Yalova where the lake is located, installed surveillance cameras on the edge of the lake, so that the birds in the lake could be monitored 24 hours a day via the Internet, while the number of waterfowl was counted in the middle of winter, specifically In January and February.
• It is about 30 km from the center of Yalova.
• The lake is a destination for lovers of nature, the environment, and photography.
• It has a tower with an elevator to monitor birds in the area.
• The lake is separated from the Sea of Marmara by a thin coast.
• The average depth of the lake is 50-60 cm, and the deepest point is 90 cm.
• Osman Ghazi Bridge is located right next to the lake.
• In the initial planning, the bridge abutments were supposed to pass through the lake, Hersek Lake was preserved according to the request of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, the General Directorate of Nature Conservation and National Parks, the municipality of Altinova, and the approval of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, where the Osman Gazi bridge project was reviewed, the bridge was curved and the lake was protected.
• Hersek Lake is a highly valuable wetland ecosystem.
• The lake is of great importance as shelter, nutrition, and breeding ground for many species, especially waterfowl, and their’s peak crowding in the winter.
• The region is located on the migration route of hundreds of thousands of birds between the continents of Europe and Africa every autumn season.
• The Wetland Development Project was established around Hersek Lake to present the visual beauty resulting from the richness and diversity of birds in the area, allowing visitors to see them without harming the wetland environment, developing bird tourism, and introducing many aromatic plants as the place was chosen by the General Directorate for Nature Conservation and Parks National around this lake which is a natural wonder.
• The lake is among the top 15 humid regions in Turkey due to its cool and mild weather.
It is noteworthy that the municipality of “Altinova” banned fishing in the lake in 2004, which reflected positively on the numbers of birds in the area, especially when the birds are in the breeding stage. For this reason, the municipality reinforces security measures in the lake, in addition to prohibiting people from approaching it.
It is also noteworthy to say that the lake attracted more than 5,000 bird enthusiasts within one year, and the number of visitors increased, after building a tower with an elevator to monitor birds in the lake and the general area.
In the area where Hersek Lake is located, there are also specialized gardens and professional tracks for practicing various sports, including rope climbing, crossing challenges, traps, jumping, and various types of other s[ort and challenges.
Thus, any visitor visiting Yalova can experience what interests them whether it’s lakes, mineral water, mountains, green forests, seawater, or any other natural places that the city has.
Yalova is located on the Sea of Marmara, with a coastline of 123 km, and has become one of the favorite destinations for nature lovers and tourists who wish to recover or spend their holidays.
After introducing Hersek Lake, it is important to note that it is close to the most important projects of the “OmranTrk” company, whose headquarters is in the city of Yalova, which is only half an hour away from this project, the “Al-Morouj” project, which is one of the most prominent real estate investment projects in Yalova, Turkey.
Comes from its distinguished strategic location overlooking the sea and close to prominent tourist attractions, the most important of which is the village of Termal, in addition to its proximity to many luxury service facilities.
In addition, it was built in a unique style, where modernity merges with tranquility within the charming nature with the wonderful panoramic sea view, which made it an iconic and distinctive sign in the real estate investment market, and the focus of attention not only to customers but also to investment companies that care about the finest residential, commercial and service projects, Especially profitable competitive projects.
The “Al-Morouj” project, which was launched on December 1, 2016, and was completed on December 1, 2018, consists of 85 apartments among twin duplexes, while the project area is 12,000 square meters.